Bronx River Right-of-Way
Bronx River Right-of-Way (2012- ongoing) proposes the relocation and adaptive reuse of the abandoned Westchester Avenue Station, currently off limits and in ruins along the Lower Bronx River. The building is one of thirteen station-stops designed between 1908 and 1916 by Cass Gilbert, for the defunct New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad. Bronx River Right of Way provides a strategic framework for resituating the Westchester Avenue station house as a vital node within the Bronx River network, by resiting it in adjacent Concrete Plant Park, linked to the waterways and waterfronts of Greater New York.
2012 - ONGOING
Westchester Avenue Station, Bronx, NY
Partners and Supporters:
Bronx River Alliance; JM Kaplan Fund; James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation; Youth Ministries for Peace and Justice
Amanda Schachter & Alexander Levi; Gabriel Munnich, Barbara Hemetsberger Sharif Anous, Jee Hyung Park